For a curriculum to be genuinely comprehensive, it must cater for the needs of all students. The School provides an additional pathway within the VCE — our VCE/VET program.
Tintern is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and offers students the opportunity to undertake Certificate II and III level courses within their VCE studies. Completion of a VET program enables students to graduate with both a VCE Certificate (with an ATAR score) and a nationally recognised Vocational Education and Training qualification.
Students may study:
- Certificate II in Hospitality
- Certificate II in Furnishing (Pre-apprenticeship — Cabinet making, wood machining, wood polishing)
- Certificate III in Media
In addition to the above courses, Tintern Schools is a member of the Eastland VET Cluster and through this association is able to offer VET studies in a broad range of disciplines. These include:
- Certificate II in Automotive Technology
- Cisco Certified Network Associate
- Certificate II in Community Services
- Certificate II in Community Recreation/Outdoor Recreation
- Certificate III in Music Industry Skills
- Certificate II in Dance
- Certificate II in Hairdressing
Advantages of the VET program:
VET programs offer students the opportunity to:
- combine general and vocational studies
- explore career options and pathways
- undertake learning in the workplace
- undertake applied learning in an adult learning environment
- gain a nationally recognised qualification or credit towards a qualification that contributes to satisfactory completion of the VCE or VCAL
- develop skills that will equip them for the workforce.