Since 1877

The desire to provide an excellent education for her children prompted Mrs Emma B Cook to start Tintern in 1877, with many local and country families sending their children to the school.

Tintern’s growth saw it become a girls’ school in 1918, and move to the more spacious and modern facilities at its current site in 1953.

The school returned to its founding principle of educating the whole family by establishing the Southwood Boys’ campus in 1999, and an early learning centre for boys and girls in 2011.

With all schools now located at Ringwood East, Tintern is able to provide students with an unequalled range of educational and co-curricular opportunities.