With a legacy of 141 years of achievement, Tintern Grammar is one of Melbourne’s most respected schools, with students from our Early Learning Centre to Year 12. At Tintern, we are committed to providing a workplace which encourages professional growth and opportunities for all staff.
Tintern Grammar seeks to appoint an experienced VASS Coordinator, who will also provide high level, effective administrative support to the Head of Senior College. The successful applicant will report to the Head of Senior College and the Director of Administration (also the VCE/VET Coordinator). Managing the Victorian Assessment Software System (VASS) is a key component of this position.
This is an autonomous role with plenty of opportunity to add value. Key tasks will include diary management, specific VCE administrative support including VASS data entry and ensuring students receive special exam arrangements, document and report production, event preparation and coordination, examination preparation and coordination, correspondence, responding to queries and general administrative and office management tasks.
To be successful in this role you will need the ability to manage and prioritise a busy area, have strong organisational and interpersonal skills and work within a team environment.
About the Role
As a key member of our School, you will be able to provide a strong level of customer service and administrative support to the community at Tintern Grammar. This role is challenging, interesting and instrumental in ensuring the smooth and effective flow of daily activities within Senior College. You will be highly organised and passionate about working within a School environment with professionals.
The successful applicant will:
• have demonstrated experience in a similar role
• have a post-secondary study in business administration or related area and/or comparable on the job experience
• have evidence of implementing standards of improvement
• have a background in complex data entry and analysis
• have a sound understanding and ability to implement effective and efficient manual and computerised office systems and processes
• have highly developed computer skills and literacy, particularly with MS Office, VASS and Synergetic
• have high level written and verbal communication skills
• have highly developed interpersonal skills
• have strong organisational and planning skills
• have a demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a collaborative team environment
• have a strong work ethic and high level of confidentiality
• have a desire to work collaboratively and as part of the School community
• Previous experience with VCE student administration and use of VASS.
• Experience with Synergetic database or similar system
Please view the Position Description for a full overview of duties.
Applications for this position should include a current curriculum vitae and names of three referees.
To apply please complete the form below by Wednesday 23 January 2019, 4pm.
Only people with the right to work in this country may apply for this position.
Tintern Grammar is a child safe school.