Full time, ongoing
Effective February 2022
With a legacy of 145 years of achievement, Tintern is one of Melbourne’s most respected schools, with students from our Early Learning Centre to Year 12. At Tintern we are committed to providing a workplace which encourages professional growth and opportunities for all staff, underpinned by a caring and supportive environment.
Tintern Grammar seeks to appoint an experienced school administrator who will provide high level, effective administrative support to the Heads of Junior School. The successful applicant will report to the Heads of Junior School.
This is an autonomous role with plenty of opportunity to add value to our organisation and our community. You will be a dynamic and proactive administrator delivering a high level of customer service. Key tasks will include diary management, document and report production, event preparation and coordination, correspondence, responding to queries and general administrative tasks.
To be successful in this role you will have a warm and engaging nature providing a high level of customer service. You will have the ability to manage and prioritise a busy area, have strong organisational and interpersonal skills and work within a team environment.
About the Role
As a key member of our School, you will be able to provide a strong level of customer service and administrative support to the community at Tintern Grammar. This role is challenging, interesting and instrumental in ensuring the smooth and effective flow of daily activities within the Boys’ and Girls’ Junior School. You will be highly organised and passionate about working within a School environment with professionals. This role provides 6 weeks leave and all staff are entitled to a reduction in tuition fees if applicable.
The successful applicant will:
· have demonstrated experience in a similar role
· have a post-secondary study in business administration or related area and/or comparable on the job experience
· have evidence of implementing standards of improvement
· have a background in complex data entry and analysis
· have a sound understanding and ability to implement effective and efficient manual and computerised office systems and processes
· have highly developed computer skills and literacy, particularly with MS Office and Synergetic
· have high level written and verbal communication skills
· have highly developed interpersonal skills
· have strong organisational and planning skills
· have a demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a collaborative team environment
· have a strong work ethic and high level of confidentiality
· have a desire to work collaboratively and as part of the School community
· Desirable Criteria
· Previous experience in a Junior School area and with Junior School administration.
· Experience with Synergetic database or similar system
Click here to view the Position Description for a full overview of duties.
Applications for this position should include a current curriculum vitae and names of two referees. All applications should be forwarded by 12noon on Thursday 27 January 2022.