Fixed term, part-time for Semester 1, 2020
Approx. (0.5 FTE)
With a proud history of over 142 years of achievement, Tintern Grammar is one of Melbourne’s most respected schools, with students from our Early Learning Centre to Year 12. At Tintern, we are committed to providing a workplace which encourages professional growth and opportunities for all staff.
Tintern Grammar seeks to appoint an English and EAL Teacher. The role requires an exceptional educator and leader who is passionate about engaging and motivating students.
About the Role
As a key member of our English department, you will be able to deliver a vibrant curriculum to your students and possess a strong knowledge of content and pedagogy in this area. You will be using teaching strategies that cater to the needs of a diverse student group and a willingness to differentiate curriculum to the needs of the students. You will bring your passion for English to the School and above all, have a willingness to engage, connect and care for our students.
Fixed term, part-time teaching opportunity for Semester 1, 2020.
You will be able to demonstrate excellence in teaching, and experience in teaching English. You will also demonstrate:
- Care and connectedness with students
- Current VIT registration
- Experience teaching Years 7 - 12 English
- Experience teaching VCE English as an Additional Language to Year 12
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to encourage and motivate your students
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of the subject within the Australian Curriculum Frameworks where relevant
- An ability to encourage students to take risks within a structured school environment, to make individual choices and to use new experiences as learning opportunities
- A desire to work collaboratively with other teachers and actively engage in the broader life of the School
Please view the position description for a full overview of duties.
Applications for this position should include a current curriculum vitae and names of three referees.
To apply please complete the form below by Monday 19 August 2019, 4pm.
Only people with the right to work in this country may apply for this position.
Tintern Grammar is a child safe school.