Ongoing, full time commencing Term 1, 2020
With a proud history of over 142 years of achievement, Tintern Grammar is one of Melbourne’s most respected schools, with students from our Early Learning Centre to Year 12. At Tintern, we are committed to providing a workplace which encourages professional growth and opportunities for all staff.
Tintern Grammar seeks to appoint a Head of ICT and ICT Teacher to lead the teaching and learning of Information and Communication Technology and who will contribute enthusiastically to the broader positive culture of the School.
About the Role
As the Head of our ICT department, you will lead the department to deliver a vibrant curriculum and possess a strong knowledge of content and pedagogy in this area. The role requires an exceptional educator and leader who is able to teach up to VCE/VET and who is passionate about engaging and motivating students. Proven leadership skills are essential to lead the department.
The successful candidate will be appointed to a secondary ongoing teaching position at Tintern Grammar. However, the role of Head of ICT is for an initial fixed term period of three years.
Ongoing, full time commencing Term 1, 2020.
You will be able to demonstrate excellence in teaching, and experience as a Head of ICT. You will also demonstrate:
- Significant experience teaching Information and Communications Technology
- Ability to support teaching staff to modify materials and curriculum for students
- Care and connectedness with students
- Current VIT registration
- Relevant qualifications including TAE40116 (Certificate IV in Training and Assessment)
- Strong IT skills
- Skills in modifying curriculum to meet individual needs of students
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport and interact with both adults and students
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of the subject within the VCE and Australian Curriculum Frameworks where relevant
- Ensure the highest quality pastoral care for students and staff
- Be willing to be involved in all aspects of the School’s programs
About Your Leadership Capabilities
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience as Head of ICT or similar role
- Strong leadership, staff management and mentoring skills
- Knowledge of industry specific technology and application platforms
- An ability to manage staff and cultivate productive working relationships in a small team environment
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to successfully communicate and sustain proactive relationships both within and outside the school community
- Demonstrated high level of organisational ability and initiative including capacity to set priorities and work to deadlines
- High level of integrity with the ability to build trust, drive execution and foster innovation
Please view the position description for a full overview of duties.
Applications for this position should include a current curriculum vitae and names of three referees.
To apply please complete the form below by Monday 19 August 2019, 4pm.
Only people with the right to work in this country may apply for this position.
Tintern Grammar is a child safe school.