Effective Term 2 2018
With a legacy of 141 years of achievement, Tintern Grammar is one of Melbourne’s most respected schools, with students from our Early Learning Centre to Year 12. At Tintern, we are committed to providing a workplace which encourages professional growth and opportunities for all staff.
With the retirement of our current Junior School Music teacher after over 30 years of outstanding service, we have an exciting opportunity at Tintern Grammar for an innovative and passionate teacher to lead the Junior School Music program. The successful applicant will have extensive experience in music education in schools, demonstrated leadership and motivational abilities and exceptional organisational skills. The role is extremely rewarding and will work as part of a dynamic music team.
This is an ongoing part-time position.
About the Role
As a key member of our Junior School and an integral part of the Music Department, you will be able to deliver a vibrant curriculum to your students and possess a strong knowledge of content and pedagogy in these areas. You will be using teaching strategies that cater to the needs of a diverse student group and a willingness to differentiate curriculum to the needs of the students. You will bring your passion for Music to the school and above all, have a willingness to engage, connect and care for our students.
You will be able to demonstrate excellence in teaching, and experience in teaching Music. You will demonstrate:
- Care and connectedness with students
- Current VIT registration
- Experience teaching Junior School Music
- Competency as a pianist to accompany students at least Years 5-6 level, with the ability to accompany choirs
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to encourage and motivate your students
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- You will encourage students to take risks within a structured school environment, to make individual choices and to use new experiences as learning opportunities
- You will have a desire to work collaboratively with other teachers and actively engage in the broader life of the School
Please view the Position Description for a full overview of duties.
Applications for this position should include a covering letter, a current curriculum vitae and names and contact details of three referees. Submit your application via the form below. Applications close COB on Tuesday 1 May 2018.
Only people with the right to work in this country may apply for this position.