Fixed term, part-time or full time for Term 1 - Term 4, 2020
With a proud history of over 142 years of achievement, Tintern Grammar is one of Melbourne’s most respected schools, with students from our Early Learning Centre to Year 12. At Tintern, we are committed to providing a workplace which encourages professional growth and opportunities for all staff.
Tintern Grammar seeks to appoint a Mathematics Teacher with a track record of excellence both in and out of the classroom who will contribute enthusiastically to the broader positive culture of the school.
About the Role
As a key member of our Maths department, you will be able to deliver a vibrant curriculum to your students and possess a strong knowledge of content and pedagogy in this area. You will be using teaching strategies that cater to the needs of a diverse student group and a willingness to differentiate curriculum to the needs of the students. You will bring your passion for Mathematics to the School and above all, have a willingness to engage, connect and care for our students.
Fixed term, part-time or full time teaching opportunity for Term 1 - Term 4, 2020.
You will be able to demonstrate excellence in teaching and experience in teaching Mathematics. You will also demonstrate:
- Care and connectedness with students
- Current VIT registration
- Relevant qualifications
- Experience in teaching maths to Years 7 – 10 is essential
- VCE Mathematics advantageous
- IB experience is advantageous
- Strong IT skills and experience with the Casio Classpad
- Ability to encourage and motivate your students
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of the subject within the VCE and Australian Curriculum Frameworks where relevant
- An ability to encourage students to take risks within a structured school environment, to make individual choices and to use new experiences as learning opportunities
- A desire to work collaboratively with other teachers and actively engage in the broader life of the School
- Desire and ability to communicate effectively with families
Please view the position description for a full overview of duties.
Applications for this position should include a current curriculum vitae and names of three referees.
To apply please complete the form below by Monday 19 August 2019, 4pm.
Only people with the right to work in this country may apply for this position.
Tintern Grammar is a child safe school.