Part time (Approx. 0.2 - 0.4 FTE)
With a proud tradition of 144 years of achievement, Tintern Grammar is one of Melbourne’s most respected schools, with students from our Early Learning Centre to Year 12. At Tintern we are committed to providing a workplace, which encourages professional growth and opportunities for all staff.
Tintern Grammar seeks to appoint a VCE (VET) Hospitality Teacher with a track record of excellence both in and out of the classroom who will contribute enthusiastically to the broader positive culture of the school.
About the Role
As a key member of our Health, Home Economics and Psychology Department, you will be able to deliver a vibrant curriculum to your students and possess a strong knowledge of content and pedagogy in these areas. You will be using teaching strategies that cater to the needs of a diverse student group and a willingness to differentiate curriculum to the needs of the students. You will bring your passion for Health and Home Economics to the school and above all, have a willingness to engage, connect and care for our students.
This is a part time, ongoing teaching role effective Term One 2022.
You will be able to demonstrate excellence in teaching, and experience in teaching Hospitality.
You will demonstrate:
· Care and connectedness with students
You must have relevant qualifications:
· VIT registration
· Certificate II in Kitchen Operations
· Certificate IV in Training and Assessment and Industry experience
· Strong IT skills
· Ability to encourage and motivate your students
· Strong communication and organisational skills
· Highly developed interpersonal skills
· You will have demonstrated knowledge of the subject within the VCE and Australian Curriculum Frameworks where relevant
· You will encourage students to take risks within a structured school environment, to make individual choices and to use new experiences as learning opportunities
· You will have a desire to work collaboratively with other teachers and actively engage in the broader life of the School
Please view the Position Description for a full overview of duties.
Applications for this position should include a current curriculum vitae and names of three referees.
Applications must be received by close of business Monday 29 November 2021.
Only people with the right to work in this country may apply for this position.
Tintern Grammar is a child safe school.