Get in Touch
Your child’s educational journey will receive a great headstart at Tintern Grammar’s Early Learning Centre.
Tintern Grammar’s Early Learning Centre has been recognised for its innovative programs and wonderful facilities. The Department of Education and Early Childhood Development has rated Tintern Grammar Early Learning Centre as ‘Exceeding National Quality Standard’ in all seven areas of assessment.
We believe in developing positive and meaningful relationships with the children in our care, fostering a sense of belonging for the children and their families. Through these nurturing relationships, children feel safe, secure and supported in our Early Leaning Centre.
Tintern Grammar offers a choice of 3-day, 4-day and full-time programs for both Three-year-old and Four-year-old kindergarten at our Early Learning Centre. Our Centre is staffed by a team of highly qualified, experienced and caring staff in a wonderful semi-rural environment.
We provide 15 hours of Early Childhood learning in the Three-year-old program and 30 hours in the Four year-old program for students who attend full time. We will continue to provide 3-day, 4-day and 5-day options in the foreseeable future and will transition to providing 20 hours of Early Childhood teaching in three-year-old and 30 hours in four-year-old for all students well ahead of government requirements.
From 2023, the Government will introduce free Kinder for Three-year-old and Four-year-old children at participating services.
The Department of Education funds all Early Childhood services at different tiered levels. As an Independent School, we access different funding from that of the local Kindergartens and Child Care Centres and our funding is at a lower rate. However, as an Independent school we are able to offer a wide range of opportunities such as high-quality facilities, staffing above ratios, strong literacy and numeracy programs, specialist classes, and a broad range of unique experiences. The quality of our programs is what separates us from other services and while the future funding arrangements are not yet clear, we commit to being transparent when this occurs.
Places in the Early Learning Centre are in high demand, so please ensure you register your child’s interest early to avoid disappointment.
• Highly qualified, caring staff in a wonderful semi-rural environment.
• Learning through play-based activities and interaction with classmates.
• Carefully designed play centres, with both indoor and outdoor areas where children are provided with time and space to explore.
• Programs that develop a sense of wonder through imaginative, free and structured play opportunities to help our children become confident, creative and capable learners.
• A range of specialist programs including Music, Perceptual Motor Program (PMP), Library and Fundamental Motor Skills so children are exposed to skills across a wide range of disciplines.
• Renowned ‘Letterland’ program, to help build literacy skills and provide children with an exciting introduction to letters and words.
• A range of activities which encourage students to discover and explore the world of numbers, supporting their smooth transition to formal education.
• An emphasis on sustainability, the world around us and our impact on it, with access to our onsite Tinternwood farm and all of Tintern’s specialist facilities.
Tintern Grammar Early Learning Centre provides a government funded, high-quality program for the two years before a child starts school. If your child will be attending another service that offers a funded kindergarten program, you must inform them that you are receiving a funded kindergarten place at Tintern Grammar.