Physical Education Teacher
Full time Fixed Term (Leve Replacement) Term 2, 2024
Tintern Grammar seeks to appoint a Physical Education Teacher. You will have demonstrated ability to be a leading Physical Education Teacher with a track record of excellence both in and out of the classroom. The role requires an exceptional educator and leader who is passionate about engaging and motivating students.
About the Role
As a key member of our Physical Education Department, you will be able to deliver a vibrant curriculum to your students and possess a strong knowledge of content and pedagogy in these areas. You will be using teaching strategies that cater to the needs of a diverse student group and a willingness to differentiate curriculum to the needs of the students. You will bring your passion for Physical Education teaching for the Term 2 2024 school year. Above all, have a willingness to engage, connect and care for our students.
This is a fixed term, full time teaching role for Term 2, 2024.
(effective Monday 15 April to Thursday 20 June)
You will be able to demonstrate excellence in teaching, and experience in teaching Physical Education. You will demonstrate:
- Care and connectedness with students
- Current VIT registration
- Strong Physical Education background
- Experience teaching Years 7 to Year 10 PE
- Sports coaching experience highly desirable
- Desirable experience taking Years 7 – 10 Science
- Ability to teaching Years 7-9 Health an advantage
- Ability to teach Year 7-10 Science an advantage
- Strong IT skills to deliver an innovative program
- Ability to encourage and motivate your students
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- You will have demonstrated knowledge of the subject within the VCE and Australian Curriculum Frameworks where relevant
- You will encourage students to take risks within a structured school environment, to make individual choices and to use new experiences as learning opportunities
- You will have a desire to work collaboratively with other teachers and actively engage in the broader life of the School
Download the Position Description
Applications close Wednesday 6 March close of business
Applications for this position should include a current curriculum vitae and names of two referees. Short listed candidates may be asked to teach a demonstration lesson.
Only people with the right to work in this country may apply for this position.