Middle School General Excellence Scholarships and General Excellence – Music Scholarships
Students entering Years 7, 8 and 9 in 2019 are invited to apply for our General Excellence Scholarships and General Excellence – Music Scholarships. These scholarships are valid until the end of Year 12.
Scholarships are awarded based upon the results of:
- Scholarship selection testing provided by EduTest
- Completed Tintern Grammar Scholarship Application Form
- Recent school reports
- NAPLAN results
- A panel interview
- Outstanding all-round potential
- Leadership potential
- Excellence in a specific area (such as The Arts, Sports, Community Service)
- For Music Scholarships, a music audition demonstrating excellence on the applicant’s chosen instrument
General Excellence applicants
Applicants considering applying for General Excellence Scholarships must be high achieving students who perform well academically and show outstanding all-round potential. They must be able to demonstrate that they will benefit from Tintern Grammar’s program and how they will make a positive contribution to the life of the school. Evidence of this contribution should be clearly outlined in their application.
Year 7 and 8 entry
String and Woodwind Instruments must be Grade 5 AMEB standard or above.
Brass Instruments must be Grade 3 AMEB standard or above.
Year 9, 10 and 11 entry
String and Woodwind Instruments must be Grade 6 AMEB standard or above.
Brass Instruments must be Grade 4 AMEB standard or above.
Applicants should prepare two pieces for presentation at the audition and are required to provide their own accompanist if needed. Sight-reading, aural tests, general knowledge and technical work may also be tested. At the time of audition, students must show instrumental proficiency at the higher levels of the AMEB exam program.
Auditions will take place in the week of 16-20 October, details of an audition time will be advised.
- Scholarship selection testing will take place on Saturday 14 October 2017
- Applicants will be emailed with details regarding testing in the week prior
- Complete the online EduTest Registration Form and pay the registration fee of $100.00.
- Download, print and complete the Tintern Grammar Scholarship Application Form (PDF, 420Kb).
- Attach copies of the applicant’s last two school reports, NAPLAN results and any supporting document relating to the application.
- Post or deliver the *application documents to:
PO Box 26
90 Alexandra Road
RINGWOOD EAST VIC 3135
*Electronic applications and applications with accompanying electronic media (such as USB and DVD) will not be considered for selection.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted after scholarship test results have been received for an interview by a panel, where the following will be considered:
Special abilities in a range of academic areas and a willingness and ability to contribute to school life
Scholarships are open to Tintern Grammar students and non-Tintern Grammar students
Scholarships are only available to Australian citizens or Australian permanent residents
Please note: Tintern Grammar does not provide individual scholarship testing results to parents.
Applications close Friday 6 October 2017.
For more information or to arrange a campus tour, please contact the Admissions office on 9845 7878 or email@example.com